Saturday, March 18, 2006

Mirror Mirror on the wall...


Two weeks down and four to go. As we head into the third week of this diet, I'm still feeling good. Perhaps not as good as I did the first week - afterall it would be hard to beat loosing 8 pounds in a week. But I'm still confident I can do this.

The one thing I do need to do is hide the scale. Mark has agreed to take charge of this tomorrow. I find myself getting on it about four times a day. Just to make sure the weight hasn't somehow creeped back on. It's not doing me any good because if I see I haven't lost anything, my heart sinks into my shoes.

You know what it's like. You're on the path to being thin. You're doing something right because you are loosing weight. The last thing you want is to gain it back. And that's exactly what happened with each and every diet I tried before this.
And trust me, I've tried them all.
Weight Watchers, Atkins, South Beach, Cambridge, Slimming pills, slimming drinks, Shape, Slimfast, you name it - been there done that!
I'm terrified of failing this time as well - as I'm sure all the other women in our group are.
Remember: No one wants to be fat!

Went out for dinner last night. First time since I started the 6-week challenge. I don't know why I was so terrified. I ordered a chicken breast. It came with wild rice and two veggies. No mess, no fuss and still only about 500 calories in total.
We had to consume 1,600 calories a day this week. The first week we only consumed 1,200 a day and I found that easier. Now I try and reach the 1,600 mark, but after substitutes I am still only left with 1,300 or less. Whatever I add seems to increase the Carbohydrates and nothing else.
So I'm choosing the wrong things and will have to sit and read my "diet bible" tomorrow and figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm terrified of going to gym on Monday and finding out that I have lost no weight. I don't want to feel that like a failure. I want to succeed because the hug, the smiles and the encouraging words feel damn good.
Mirror Mirror on the wall, do I look thinner to you at all?

No comments: