Tuesday, March 28, 2006

All part of the overall transformation...

Wonderful news! Went to my weigh-in last night and have lost another five pounds. That's a total of 15 pounds since March 6.
To say that I'm happy about this is an understatment. At this rate I will reach my goal before November.

As part of the whole transformation, I have also grown my nails - with a little help from some gel and about $80 every second week (ouch) - and am now trying to grow my hair.
What do you think about this hairstyle?
I had something like this in high school and maybe it's just my sad, sad attempt at recapturing this part of my life that was, as far as I'm concerned, the best years of my life.
What's not to like. More friends than I could count, boyfriends beating the door down - I actually dated three guys at the same time once - and I was thin (and should I say this and not sound to damn full of myself) I was pretty. And yes, I had hair - lots of it and it was blonde.
School dances every weekend, tennis on weekends and long summer days spent lying around the pool sipping on iced tea. I am not going to get into the details as to just what a rebel I was when no one was looking. I'll save that for another day.

The rebel stage, and I'm sure we've all gone through one - made me cut off all my lovely blonde hair, dye it blood red and went by the name Razz for about three years during college.

I think this might be my midlife crisis. I'm doing all these things in some vain attempt to hold onto my youth - or what's left of it. Is this what happens when you head towards 40?
At least I'm not contemplating plastic surgery or worse, sucking my fat out with a vaccume cleaner. (grin) I've turned into a gym bunny (not that my gym is normal in any sense of the word) but I do enjoy my three times a week workout. Just wish I had a friend to drag along...

Do you think it's wrong to put yourself first? I know a lot of women who do and I always thought it was silly or even vain to "think" about yourself that much. But isn't that the point?
I think the reason I "let myself go" as some people like to put it, is because I did just the opposite. I put everyone else first. I stopped looking at myself or doing things for myself.
I always thought: "It's not going to change anything so why bother making a bother?"
And then people like my former cameraman say things like: "You'd be truly f***able if you weren't so fat."
And trust me, I was only about 10 pounds overweight at that stage and thought I was ok - until he said that. That gave me a hang-up for the next ten years and made me hate myself even more. I guess that also explains why I let abusive men into my life. Thank goodness I got over that...

You can spend a lifetime working on your self-image and it can take some ass 10 seconds to destroy that fragile balance.
Anyway I'm going way over my limit here, so that's all I have to say about that.

If you agree - then go ahead and spoil yourself - just this once. You deserve it baby!!!
And make sure you tell a friend one amazing thing about herself.
You have no idea how that will boost her ego. But first, be good to yourself!
Everyone else can wait. Husbands included. Trust me --- mine agrees.

2 comments:

ev said...

Mine agrees, too. Yay for good husbands! :)

Tricia said...

Thanks for the comment. Give you hubby a big "friendship" hug from me. And one for your too.