Thursday, August 10, 2006

You will never take our freedom

Everyone is talking about terrorism again after the recent bomb scares in the UK. So because of some one-brain celled ass holes, you are no longer allowed to take proper hand luggage on board your flight.
What does that mean? Well for one thing: no bottled water!
Can you imagine a 36-hour flight without your trusted one litre bottle of H2O? I think I might just skip flying home altogether because the prospect of enduring that length of flight without my trusted bottle of life-saving water – not to mention my hand cream and lip ice (because those damn flights dry your out like jerky).
There is also the question of what to do with your valuables. Do I pack my $3,000 Nikon camera in the hold and risk it being crushed, dropped or even stolen?
I don’t think so.
I have seen the way the baggage handlers treat your suitcases here in Bermuda – it’s a competition to see who can throw your bag the furthest!
Of course isn’t security forgetting something? Even if you don’t take this stuff on the actual flight – some type of explosive can still be detonated if it’s in the hold of the plane? So by confiscating it from hand luggage, are they truly achieving anything?
Hell – why not ban luggage altogether – fly it on a separate aeroplane – to be collected, or dropped off at your hotel after you arrive. I guess these bloody terries will find some way of ingesting the crap.
If they are so intent on blowing themselves up – why don’t they just do it at home? Go home your ass-cowardly bastards – go blow up your own kind!
It’s no wonder everyone is looking at other religions and sneering – thanks to a handful of extreme assholes, the entire world is suspecting each and every Muslim of being some bomb-totting suicidal bomber.
To hell with it! I think we should all just laugh in the face of danger and say: “Do your best, you will not break my spirit. You can take my life, but you will NEVER take my freedom – never!”

No comments: