Sunday, August 27, 2006

The joys of shopping for a new bike



Mark and I spent Saturday morning window shopping for new bikes.

I had my heart set on a Vepsa XL125, but when I found myself standing next to one... well it just didn't look as great as it did online.

After stopping at two stores on the Island, we returned to our trusted Yamaha dealer and found the Yamaha Cygnus 125 cc. Now what's ironic about this bike is that back in 1991 when I left for college, my folks bought me a Yamaha Cygnus 125. It looked very similar to this, but obviously this is the latest version.

Still, we have decided to buy two as soon as we have sold our Yamaha Grand Axis. Our friends think we are nuts and should continue to ride our existing bikes until they fall apart. But at the end of the day, with the amount of money we pump into those bikes to keep them on the road for another 2 - 5 years, it's just not worth it. As it is mine is sluggish and Marks' - well his is just "kapoet".

So hopefully by the end of September the Walters' couple will once again be riding identical bikes - but this time newer, more environmentally friendly four-stroke bikes. I do think we should consider not getting the same colour again - that's just too weird!

No comments: