Saturday, May 06, 2006

Four hours of Island life




This guy was working in his vegetable garden. It was one of the single largest veggie-patches I've seen on the Island and it was beautiful.
The middle photo was taken at Somerset Bridge - it is the smallest/narrowest drawbridges in the world - or so they claim.
The last photo (top right) is of Horseshoe Bay. Normally it's packed with people.








This was a lizard I found while walking along Paget marsh. He was gorgeous and came over to investigate what I was doing.
The middle photo is of Gibb's Hill Lighthouse - I've written about this one before (see history), while the third (far right) was taken from Salt Kettle Ferry stop. Yip, that'sthe ferry and behind it is Hamilton - the capital of Bermuda. Big city isn't it?


This kid (middle) was riding his bike at Paget marsh. Don't know how much wildlife he saw, but he was having fun. The top photo is of the Island. You can just make out Hamilton in the distance. While the ducks were on the golf course at the Fairmont Southampton Hotel. They were very inquisitive, or very hungry - or both.
I spent four hours driving around on my scooter taking photos of the Island and what generally goes on on a Saturday afternoon. Not much it seems, which is why I've also included some photos of some of the Islands' beauty.
It was the "end-to-end" race today - everybody who has half a brain walks from one end of the Island to the other to raise money for charity - that explains where all the people were - walking!

1 comment:

lostinthetriangle said...

Thanks for your comments on bdagranny. I was just checking it and was surprised to see some comments. I put the story in a blog form for my mother, she is 83 this year. And was happy to see her story "on line"

I too used to work at the "Gazette" Tony, David, Arthur (Butchie) and the rest of the Dark Room Gang!

After 20 years I have finally started to shoot some pictures again.

I like your blog and will pass the link on to my sister, chattymoon. She has been off the island for almost 30 years, and likes too read anything about Bermuda. Oh and she too use to work for the Gazette.